Thursday, September 8, 2022

Dream


The noon is too bright. The night is too dark. We were sitting in a cold metal bench, in between an opened potato chips and a ticking clock. My swollen cheeks, your trembling feet, we screamed out loud in our silent, wishing the same things, for the night to never pass, for the sun to never rise.

Maybe those all only happened in our dream. But, shouldn't it be romantic to dreamt the same dream? to be left with the same aftertaste in the morning? we both overwhelmed by the same thought and couldn't release the knot. Still, I can't catch the premise.

I pretend to check my phone. You pretend to be in a chase of something. When will we meet each other?

It's common to wake up and feel disoriented. But it is strange that a dream can change one's feeling. I wake up, then I lost the memories of why I love you. I need to open my diary and read what I feel last night, last week, and last month and I’m still in love.

The morning is too cold. Maybe the butterfly in my guts already flew away, in a chase of another dream. Maybe the feeling slightly evaporated, it's changed, but left behind a residual liquid, an aftertaste.

Remember what I said about how one's subconscious works? I think it works today

Do I ever actually love you? How? When? 

Do you still need the answer?


18 comments:

  1. Your words are very poetic🥀. It makes me imagine how you felt while writing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a word! The diction and the unfamiliar words are combine well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. How did you come up with the idea to write that, it's so amazing🥺

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome. keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your self-made masterpiece 🥺 when i read this i think i can feel what you felt

    ReplyDelete

At the End of 2023

 Hi, As this year ends, I want to share something with you. Thanks for being here with me in these 2 years, I want more years ahead please ...